OBJECTIVE OF THE FRIENDS OF MAYLANDS LAKES (FOML) GROUP
To develop healthy and resilient lakes (namely Brearley and Bungana), along with the surrounding environment (including the Swan River foreshore), to support desirable flora/fauna and preserve the aesthetic amenity for Maylands residents, as well as for visitors.
The following objectives, ancillary to the primary objective stated above are to:
- Develop a shared ownership with the local community to promote the objectives of the Company
- Build on community support to facilitate recruitment of volunteers, to work towards the rehabilitation and preservation of the Maylands lakes and surrounds
- Attract, solicit and retain continuing interest, bequests, gifts and financialsupport by interested persons, groups, corporations and government bodies towards for the objectives of the Company
- Liaise with and assist the City of Bayswater in the development and implementation of a Maylands Lakes Management Plan
- Establish and maintain a public fund (funded chiefly from grants), to be calledthe Maylands Lakes Environment Fund, for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of the Friends of Maylands Lakes Limited